Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Beautiful Pillow GiveAWay from Liz in LaLaLand!

I little while back I won a Give A Way by Liz over at lululizinlalaland.  I really don't have the words....my gift package is so pretty, but I will try to describe what she sent me.  I walked down to the mailbox with my fingers crossed.  Sure enough, there was the package I had been waiting for.  I pulled my cushy package from the box, looked it over and carressed it all the way back up the hill.  I put it on a table, running to get my camera.
Camera in hand, I carefully began the unwrap!

The first thing was this bee-you-ti-ful tag taped onto the bubble wrap. 
My hands were shaking and I am not even into the package yet!

Isn't this the prettiest tag?  I love it, love it!

The sweet fragrance of lavender is filling the room as I open the bubble wrap.  I see some vintage lace pressed nicely into a little see through "rose tagged" bag.  Oh, there's some vintage velvet ribbon and some pearl buttons.  I see the sweetest vintage romantic photo printed on fabric tucked inside too. 
My heart is beating faster!

Seeing through the pink tissue, I see a crochet doily.  Oh my Goodness! 
Do I open the pink tissue or do I go on to the pillow?  I think I will just go faint!

I move on to the pillow, looking back at the doily. 
As I move the pink tissue aside for a moment, I see another sweet treat that I absolutely adore. 
 Carefully place beneath the pink ribbon I see that Liz has worked the picture of my mom
 into the sweetest collage.  A hand written note is on the back of it.  

~The Pillow~
Oh, I cannot tell you how pretty it is,
Nor how much the pillow means to me!
It is most truly a work of art, dear Liz
Amongst my most treasured, t'will forever be.

See the pretty detail close up.  The main fabric is a gorgeous vintage demask!  There are lots of laces, velvet ribbons, pretty dementional flower add ons, buttons, big and small.  Beautiful big pearl buttons, I simply love them!

I am going back over the bags again...my heart is still beating, pitter patter...faster and faster!
Isn't all of this so sweet?  But this is not all yet, I have the pink tissure to open, still......

On to the pink tissue with the doily.  Oh, there are two doilies!  Look at this dainty one!

.....and this pretty oval one.  It is soo pretty! 

The sweet hand written message is intertwineded among the musical notes. 

Thank you Liz! Thank you so much, I am overwhelmed!

9 comments:

  1. Gerry, these items are just beautiful! I can see why you were so excited when opening them. Even the way it was all packaged was pretty! Lucky you!

    Best wishes always,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely gorgeous parcel to receive!!! It's delightful!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you were so excited, just look at all those lovelies. Wonderful, especially the image of your Mother, so sweet.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just awesome Gerry..special in so many ways.
    Just stopping in to say hello and let you know I'm still in transition between jobs and moving.
    Thanks for stopping by tonight. I hope you like Marys new blog. I'm hoping to get my computer set up again next week and then settle down to blogging again....miss it and everyone (o:

    Enjoy your fun stuff from Liz..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I would be overwhelmed, too!
    What a wonderful gift, and the extra special care she took in the presentation is just so special.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I would have been pretty happy to win that package as well. I had so much fun doing my recent giveaway, fun putting everything all together, and making it all look pretty. This is a case of it is as much fun to give as it is to receive. I wanted to stop by and say a proper hello and welcome you to my blog. It is so nice to meet new folks.... I enjoy the company on my blogging journey. Thank you for being a part. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a lucky lady..what beautiful treasures you received.
    Hiope you had a nice Mother's day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi gerry, your package was just gorgeous, I recently joined a swap on Fondant kiss and about to send it off to my partener,I was a bit at sea with it as it was a boudoir swap and had to include a little bit of chocolate lolthe choc bit was easy but the rest I am not sure of,when i looked at my swap pareners site she does the most amazing work,I just hope her expectations are not too high lol..your win was beautiful.Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just landed here at your blog for the first time. Lovely, and I felt like I had just received a package reading about your gift. Looking through your blog I see we have a good many things in common!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Thank you for stopping by.
I am a new blogger and am enjoying it very much. It will be so nice if you join as a follower. Thank you so much, Gerry